Thursday, June 25, 2009

Netflix reads my mind

Checking my Netflix queue this morning, I noticed they had added suggestions in customized categories based on my "taste preferences." Yikes.

These categories were "Suspenseful independent dramas" (eg Lost Highway), "Critically acclaimed foreign sci-fi and fantasy" (eg Russian Ark), "Dark TV dramas" (eg Tour of Duty and... Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?), "Imaginative movies of the 70s" (eg Performance), "Comedies featuring a strong female lead" (eg Juno) and the best: "Local favorites for Brooklyn, NY." This last category includes The Conformist and Andrei Rublev. I'm very proud of my fellow Brooklynites!

Still, I wonder why there was no sign of "Screwball comedies starring Irene Dunn" and "Endless, occasionally violent cable series set either in ancient Rome or in space."

Anybody got good customized suggestions lately?

No comments: