Thursday, May 22, 2008

Folk on!

My preview of tonight's Paganfest at BB King's is out in Time Out New York. (Make sure to scroll down the piece to listen to streaming songs.) Seriously, this show cannot come fast enough! When the daily grind brings me down, nothing compares to a horde of folk-metal rockers to soothe my spirits. And tonight's selection is choice: Eluveitie, Tyr, Ensiferum and Turisas, all tops in their subgenre. This will be the perfect antidote to the boring little indie-scenesters in skinny jeans and Converses who crowd our stages. I'll be at at my regular BB spot, right behind the soundboard; drop by and say hello.

Also in TONY this week, a preview of a nifty little Aussie punk band named The Time of the Assassins, playing a trio of NYC shows this week and next.

No comments: