Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Summer Heights High is coming

I spent the past weekend indulging in the very Yankee tradition known as leaf-peeping, and will blog about my upstate discoveries when my schedule eases up a bit. Spoiler warning: Nature is beautiful and soothing, and there's a lot of people growing squash in the Finger Lakes region.

In the meantime, here's a link to my New York Times piece about the Australian TV series Summer Heights High, which is going to premiere on HBO in November.

6 comments:

Wayne Davidson said...

Ja'mie (in particular) from SHH and We Can Be Heroes has become a pop culture icon here in Australia.

Elisabeth Vincentelli said...

I'm counting on it happening here too. I think America is ready for Chris Lilley, even if the references to "rangas" and "povos" are met with blank stares.

Silvan said...

You can actually win a USB key ring of Ja'mie, the best character by far!

We Are Pop Slags

Elisabeth Vincentelli said...

Win it where? I must have one!

Pepe Le Pew said...

Im a massive fan of Chris and the show, but i cant help but wonder if the American press will get on his back about this show.

Depends how Americans typicaly like there humor ...Child drug OD's, disabled kids, pedofilia, terrorist attacks <--- im probably on a watch list now just for typing that!

However maybe im wrong and you will embrace the show for all its funnyness ...

Here's hopeing ...

Elisabeth Vincentelli said...

Personally I love the show and I hope it does well here. It certainly deserves to.